Monday, January 1, 2024

Hand Destruction in OP06?


My very first post of the year will start with the upcoming OP06 set coming out in March. I am looking at some of these cards, and I know Black already have some hand destruction cards. I have been playing around with the deck on the OPSim, but hopefully when the cards released in English, I would have a general idea how to build this. I also like hand destruction, especially in One Piece where having a low hand size is very unforgiving. I think I will post the deck profile when OP06 comes out in English as this one will be a rough draft in how I would build the hand destruction build.

The Hand Destruction

OP03 Issho, a cheaper version of the OP02 Secret Kuzan. What I want is not the first effect from Issho, but the on play effect. The first effect is, by giving this Character 1 DON, all of your opponent's Characters have -3 Cost. This effect is why I like Secret Kuzan better as Kuzan gives -5 Cost to all of your opponent's Characters, whilst Issho, you always need to leave one spare DON available to used this effect. It might cost you sometime.

The on play effect is the main effect we should focus about, if your opponents have 6 or more cards in their hands, trash 2 cards from their hand. 6 is actually a high number, especially against some decks where they keep a low hand size, but against decks that can constantly draw to gain a massive hand, trashing 2 cards from their hand can be a life saver.

OP05 Shirahoshi is another card that lets you trash your opponent's hand. On top of that, we also have 2k counter so it is great card to use if we need to use high counter. The effect is you may rest this Character and place 2 cards from your trash at the bottom of your deck in any order. If your opponents have 6 or more cards in their hand, trash 1 card from their hand. 

There is a downside to this card which is resting Shirahoshi to use the effect. She only has 0 power as the base, so there is not point wasting counters. But on the upside, we can also recycle our trash whilst trashing your opponent's hand. It is a much easier activation thanks to being a 1 cost card compare to Issho's 8 Cost to use the on play effect.


In this section I will be talking about the two event cards. Both of these event cards have the same Trigger effect which is your opponent trashes 1 card from their hand. It is definitely a luck based skill since we don't have anyway to put these cards in our Trigger area, unless I am running Yellow we these cards, and the only current Yellow/Black Leader is Big Mom, Linlin. I know there's also EB1 Kyros, but it is not official out at the time of this post.

Anyway Great Eruption is from the starter deck and I hope Bandai would reprint some of the starter cards as they have been staples in many decks. The main effect is draw 1 card. Then, give one of your opponent's Characters -2 cost during this turn. That extra draw power for 1 cost is what makes this card amazing. We also have Soap Sheep who gives two of your opponent's Characters -2 cost. Just no draw power, but can definitely be a budget option for Great Eruption if you are looking for something similar.


The two OP06 cards. Perona only has one effect which works on play. If your opponents have 5 or more cards in their hand, you choose one of the following, your opponents trash 1 card from their hand, or give up to 1 of your opponent's Characters -3 cost. This effect is a lot easier to trigger over Shirahoshi and Issho, but just like those two Characters, if your opponents rarely gain any cards in their hand, then these effects will be useless.

Negative Hollow is a nice 2 drop Event cards we can use. The effect is just trash 1 card from your opponent's hand. There is no hand requirements, unlike the Characters we got so far. The Trigger event is just activate main, so it is just like the Event cards that have been out so far.

Deck List



Perona Hand Destruction



Explanation

For this build I've decided to combined Black with Green as Green will also lets you access to the resting and KO cards. The Perona Leader will have the option to rest one of your opponent's Characters, or reduced their costs, so we can use our Green Characters to either rest or KO them. But this build is only a theory, once I have more time to play with the OP06 sets, I will post my final version of the build. I do like hand destruction, and I know against Green Uta build, it is very effective since Uta is filled with cards that lets you search, increasing the hand size. Against this build, we can tear the hand to shred down to 5 cards or even 4 cards in their hand with ease.

Against other decks where hand size doesn't matter, I guess you would need to rely on the KO side of the deck, which is why I chose Perona Leader in the first place. Although I do think this build can be improved easily looking at the list of cards. I feel like I know which cards to change and remove.


Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A former VG Blogger who is trying a different card game blog, expanding the blog rather than focusing on one card game. Wanting to get the blog popular, start recruiting authors and then go from there.