Sunday, March 3, 2024

One Piece Ban List (JP Format) Effective April 1 2024, New Sakazuki Leader!

If I know Bandai, we might also get this in ENG format seeing how Digimon has the same ban list for both ENG and JP format, even though in Digimon, the meta is different in the west compared to the east. Although for One Piece, the meta is relatively close so I won't be surprised if they just do the same ban list as JP format. Anyway, we also got a new replacement for Sakazuki Leader, but he's a promo and when it comes to promos, I have no idea when will they get release in English. But hey at least Sakazuki gets a new card, unlike DBS where they just errata the text instead of making a new card instead.

Would this Change Everything?

Well a lot of Black decks will need to change because of Great Eruption is in the ban list. Personally I think Great Eruption should be limited, but maybe because I've still got this YGO mindset where it doesn't seems broken to be banned but limited could be the right word. But then again not many decks can give you the draw power for 1 cost. Impact being banned is no surprised, I think it is broken for what it does especially for a 4 drop card, if they at least make the cost bigger, like 6-7 cost, then it wouldn't be as broken.

Well this will means when OP06 comes out in English, I will not add Great Eruption in my Black builds unless the Eng ban list says otherwise. Otherwise, it will take too much time to post the black builds with the updated ban list. I can just copy and paste everything with one change, but it's like what's the point. For the OP05 decks, I will need to wait until EB01 to come out to actually change them. There will be no point when OP06 comes out in English and EB01 is the next set after.

New Sakazuki P-076



Sakazuki

Black/Blue Leader (P-076)

4 Life / Power 5000 (Special)

Navy

[Activate Main][Once per turn] You may discard one card from your hand with the {Navy} type: Give up to one of your opponents characters -1 cost for the turn.


As for this effect, it is not as strong as OP05. A lot weaker too as you can't filter your deck as well as not having that free cost reduction when he attacks. Instead you have to discard just for the cost reduction, meaning you will be losing hand size. So you won't be gaining anything like setting up the trash.

This doesn't affect me as the only Black deck I owned is Rebecca who don't need Great Eruption in the build for the deck to work, since it is just a casual deck, and I always know, not to pick meta decks as they will always be affective by the next ban list like YGO. But I do really want to build Yamato in OP06 set since I like aggressive decks. Hopefully Yamato can survive after the OP07 meta, unless they decided to ban Yamato too.


Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A former VG Blogger who is trying a different card game blog, expanding the blog rather than focusing on one card game. Wanting to get the blog popular, start recruiting authors and then go from there.